Black Friday Week kicks off at Amazon on 17 November with new deals going live every day until 27 November. It's the biggest shopping event of the year and will include Amazon's best prices of the year so far on a wide variety of top brands, from homeware and electronics to health and beauty, as well as a range of fast convenient delivery options.
Read on to find instructions on how to sign up for a Prime membership ahead of Black Friday Week.
How to sign up for a Prime membership on a mobile browser
- Use your mobile browser and navigate to amazon.co.uk/prime
- Before you sign up for Prime, you need an Amazon account. If you already have one, skip to step five.
- Select the “Create Account” option.
- Enter the requested information and tap “Continue.”
- Tap on the three-line menu button on the bottom right of the screen and tap “Try Prime.”
- Tap “Prime Free Trial” and follow the on-screen instructions to choose your membership and confirm your billing and delivery address.
- You’ll be automatically charged for Prime after the free trial period, cancel anytime.
- Download the Amazon app for an even better shopping experience.
How to sign up for a Prime membership on desktop
- Navigate to amazon.co.uk/prime in your internet browser. If you are not already an Amazon customer, you will need to create an account.
- Hover over the “Hello, sign in. Accounts & lists” button on the top right of the screen. Tap the “Start Here” button next to the “New Customer?” prompt.
- Enter the requested information and tap the “Continue” button.
- When you’re signed up, once again hover over the “Hello [your name]” button. Click on the “Prime membership” button in the drop-down menu.
- Follow the on-screen prompts, choosing the type of Prime membership you want and entering your billing information.
- Confirm your billing and delivery address.
- You’ll be automatically charged for your membership after the free trial period.
A Prime membership is £8.99 per month, or £95 per year if you pay annually—but Amazon also offers several discounted membership options with the same valuable benefits including fast, free delivery on millions of items, exclusive perks, and savings for eligible members. You can learn more about those memberships below.
How to know if you qualify for a Prime Student membership
Amazon offers a 30-day trial for Prime, so you can take advantage of Prime’s benefits without paying a membership fee for 30 days to see if a membership is right for you.
But if the Prime membership fee is out of your budget, don’t fret. Amazon offers Prime Student as a discounted membership option.
Prime Student is £4.49 per month or £47.49 per year (after a free six-month trial) for members enrolled in higher education. In addition to enjoying all of Prime’s benefits, Prime Student includes additional exclusive perks and discounts designed specifically for students and apprentices.
To qualify for a Prime Student membership, you’ll need to use your .ac.uk email address when you register.
Find out more about 30 of the best Black Friday deals on Amazon