Writing a CV can sometimes feel awkward and complicated – especially when writing one for the first time. Most people are not great at self-marketing, but they can learn strategies to help them improve. With this in mind, we reached out to an Amazon recruiter to demystify the process of writing a CV and applying for a job.
Georgina Ramsey, a recruiter at Amazon, has reviewed hundreds of CVs in her career. In this video, she shares her perspective and tips for job seekers who are applying to Amazon or any other company.
Georgina answers some of the key questions that people face when they write their CVs, including:
- How long should my CV be?
- Should I add my photo?
- What file format should I use?
- What details should I include?
- How can I make my CV stand out?
- What should be included in my summary?
- What professional experience should I include?
- What can I do about gaps in my work experience?
- Can I reach out to recruiters and hiring managers?
- What if I have little or no work experience?
- Should I tailor my CV for a specific job?
Learn more about interviewing at Amazon.