This Halloween, Fire TV customers can ask Alexa to jump into croc-infested waters or warn of the presence of a massive rampaging monster. Simply ask Alexa a bespoke quote from a selection of films to open it on the relevant streaming service* (including Prime Video and IMDb TV).
For instance, you can try: “Alexa, something has found us” to watch Cloverfield on IMDb TV, or sing the iconic “Alexa, One, Two, Freddy’s Coming For You…” to open A Nightmare on Elm Street on Prime Video.
Parents can get their kids involved in the Halloween action too, with The Addams Family (1991), Hotel Transylvania and Casper included in the new feature. To play Casper, parents can say “Alexa, show me the friendly ghost” or “Alexa, I’m a frankenhomie!” to open Hotel Transylvania on Prime Video.
If you can’t choose what to watch this Halloween, you can find a collection of suggested spooky TV shows and movies on Fire TV devices on the homepage – including Insidious, Pet Sematary and The Purge. You can also find the selection of Halloween content in ‘Recommended Categories’.
The new Alexa utterances are available following the launch of Fire TV Stick 4K Max, Amazon’s most powerful streaming stick yet. It’s 40% more powerful than Fire TV Stick 4K, with a quad-core 1.8GHz processer and 2GB of RAM that allow apps to start faster and navigation to be more fluid.
It also offers Live View Picture-in-Picture, meaning you can check your compatible smart cameras without interrupting your TV viewing. This gives you the chance to check your Ring video doorbell when someone calls to your the door, so you can ensure it’s not a spooky visitor!
What to ask Alexa on Fire TV this Halloween:
- Black Death: “Alexa, vengeance is mine”
- Cloverfield: “Alexa, something has found us.”
- Donnie Darko: “Alexa, when will the world end?”
- Hannibal Rising: “Alexa, what's left in you to love?”
- Hellraiser: “Alexa, it's not personal baby.”
- Lake Placid The Final Chapter: “Alexa, jump into croc-infested waters!”
- Paranormal Activity: “Alexa, I bought a Ouija board.”
- Scary Movie: “Alexa, do you like scary movies?”
- Psycho (1960): “Alexa, I'm Norma Bates.”
- A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010): “Alexa, One, Two, Freddy's Coming For You...”
- The Sixth Sense: “Alexa, I see dead people.”
- Casper: “Alexa, show me the friendly ghost.”
- The Addams Family (1991): “Alexa, you bewitched me!”
- Hotel Transylvania: “Alexa, I'm a frankenhomie!”
*Streaming services and films may require subscription or purchase.
Have more fun with Alexa by asking for Susie Dent’s Word of the Day.