Prime began with a revolutionary premise - to deliver 1 million items fast and free directly to your doorstep. Since its launch in the UK in 2007, we have invested and innovated in our fulfilment and transportation networks, logistics, supply chain, and software to meaningfully expand the selection and speed with which we could deliver items to customers. Today, Prime is much more expansive and much faster. Prime now brings the best of shopping and entertainment to members, including Same-Day or One-Day delivery on millions of items, exclusive Prime member discounts and access to Prime member deal events like Prime Day, unlimited streaming of popular movies and shows, top podcasts ad-free, and the ability to shuffle play any artist, album, or playlist on Amazon Music, amongst a range of other benefits.
One of the Prime benefits that we continue investing heavily in is Prime Video, which has expanded to offer hit movies, great shows, award-winning Amazon Originals, and live sports - all in a single destination. Prime Video offers a vast selection of movies and series, including Amazon Originals, and live sports. Amazon MGM Studios earned 68 Primetime Emmy Award nominations this year, marking the Studio’s biggest year ever, with critically acclaimed and fan-favourite series The Marvelous Mrs Maisel becoming the most Emmy-nominated streaming comedy ever with 80 nominations over its five-season run.
To continue investing in compelling content and keep increasing that investment over a long period of time, starting in 2024, Prime Video shows and movies will include limited advertisements in the UK. We aim to have meaningfully fewer ads than linear TV and other streaming TV providers. No action is required for Prime members. We’re not making changes in 2024 to the current price of Prime membership. We will also offer a new ad-free option and will share the price of that option at a later date. We will email Prime members several weeks before ads are introduced into Prime Video with information on how to sign up for the ad-free option if they would like.
Prime is very compelling value. Prime members enjoy a wide range of shopping, savings, and entertainment benefits, including:
- Unlimited One-Day Delivery on millions of items across all categories and Same-Day Delivery on more than a million items in Greater London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Birmingham, Bristol, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, and more.
- Access to exclusive and broad streaming video content including Prime Video Originals series like The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power, The Boys, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Citadel, The Wheel of Time, Reacher, Wilderness, The Devil's Hour, The Rig, Clarkson's Farm, The Grand Tour and the up and coming 007: Road To A Million with Brian Cox, as well as blockbuster movies such as Air, Creed III, the upcoming Candy Cane Lane with Eddie Murphy, and exclusive live sports, including Premier League Football.
- Access to Prime Video Channels, which provides an unmatched selection of subscription channels like discovery+ and discovery+ Premium (incl. TNT Sports), Paramount+, hayu, STARZPLAY and more —with no extra apps to download. Customers only pay for the ones they want, and can cancel anytime.
- Exclusive deals and shopping events like Prime Day (in the summer) and Prime Big Deal Days (for the holidays).
- Ad-free listening of 100 million songs and millions of podcast episodes with Amazon Music.
- Unlimited ultra-fast grocery delivery, with 1 or 2-hour slots from Amazon Fresh or directly from your local Morrisons, Iceland or Co-op Supermarkets. Available in select UK post-codes.
- Unlimited full-resolution photo storage and 5GB for video with Amazon Photos.
- In-game items for popular titles, claimable games, and a monthly Twitch subscription with Prime Gaming.
- Thousands of books, magazines and comics with Prime Reading.
- 7 days to try on eligible clothing, shoes, and accessories at home with Prime Try Before You Buy. You will only be charged for the items you decide to keep.
- Unlimited delivery on your favourite restaurants and takeaways with a 1-year Deliveroo Plus subscription, at no additional cost. Minimum order value £25.
Since we launched Prime in 2007, we’ve continued to improve the program and add to the list of benefits our members enjoy. You can expect us to continue to add benefits and features over time.
* Live event content such as sports will continue to include advertising.