Our fulfilment network is made up of state-of-the-art technology and a variety of building types and sizes to support customer fulfilment.
- Sortable: Sortable fulfilment centres, around 800,000 square feet in size, can employ more than 1,500 full-time associates. In these buildings, Amazon associates pick, pack, and ship customer orders such as books, toys and housewares and many work alongside Amazon Robotics, learning new skills and helping create a more efficient process to meet customer demand.
- Non-sortable: Non-sortable fulfilment centres can be within 600,000 to a million square feet and employ more than 1,000 full-time associates. In these buildings, Amazon associates pick, pack, and ship bulky or larger-sized customer items such as patio furniture, outdoor equipment, or rugs.
- Sortation centres: At sort centres, associates sort customer orders by final destination and consolidate them onto lorries for faster delivery. Amazon’s sort centre network provides full- and part-time career opportunities and is powering our ability to provide customers with everyday delivery.
- Receive centres: Amazon’s receive centres support customer fulfilment by taking in large orders of the types of inventory that quickly sell and portioning it out to fulfilment centres within the network. Full- and part-time roles are available in these buildings, which are about 600,000 square feet in size.
- Specialty: Amazon’s fulfilment network is supported by other types of buildings that handle specific categories of items or are used in different capacities at busy times of the year such as the holiday retail peak season. Many of these buildings feature part-time opportunities with the option to convert to full-time for associates interested in Amazon’s fulfilment network.
- Delivery stations: At delivery stations, we prepare customer orders for last-mile delivery to customers. Amazon delivery providers enable our fast, everyday shipping.
Why do we have all of these different buildings? We see the continued demand from customers for low prices and great selection and build capacity to support that demand.
We’re proud of the strong workforce and leaders who make it possible to continue innovating and meeting our promises on behalf of customers.